Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"I am Sahar" - The call from her grave

Hello All!
I am Sahar…
The one you heard of, in the newspaper
three, two
Oh I forget
2 weeks ago..
So fool of me..
There is no calendar in the grave…
So meet me…
I am Sahar…
The 6 year old girl…
abducted, molested, tortured and killed…
thrown in the garbage…
I am Sahar…
Mommy's little princess…
Daddy's favourite…
My home was small…
yet cozy…
It had a garden…
and a rose plant too…
I loved roses…
They smell pretty good…
On Eid day I got dressed in my light blue outfit..
Mommy brought me Mehndi and bangles too…
She put the mehndi on my hands…
Putting all the bangles one by one…
loving and hugging me…
saying that I look so beautiful…
On Eid day,
Dad asked me to pose in front of my favourite rose plant…
He snapped my photo…
He don't know how to capture photo…
You know why?
because he clicked the shot and i dint say cheese
and looking at my lil bro…
I never knew that photo will go viral on net…
after my death..
I am Sahar…
the same you stand for….
one day I was playing outside…
They came…
The cruel strangers…
They put their hands on my mouth
to keep me silent..
I shouted…
I resisted …
calling for my mom…
I yelled for help..
I shouted for my father…
They took me away...
It was cold there…
My knees were hurt…
My small tender hands were frozen…
pushing them away but they were powerful...
Their grip was so tight…
hurting me and I was unable to move…
No one was listening to me in this big world…
I was thrown in front of wild beasts..
They were not human…
They slit my throat
and tears flew from my eyes…
I couldn't see anything….
Everything went pitch dark…
When I woke up I was in a garbage tub…
my tears..
The blood from my throat were dried up…
My injured knees and slaughtered neck were not hurting…
I was light yet frightened…
Looking my way to home…
when they found me…
It was police and my parents…
a crowd wanting to know what happened?
They were all saying" She is dead."
Were they talking about me?
No I am not dead…
They have found me and now I will go to mommy…
I will eat the delicious food she cooked..
and will sleep in her lap..
I will complain to my dad what they have done to me?
I am not dead..
But they are right..
They just buried me ...
six feet below the ground..
I can hear my parent's crying…
I can sense my brother's loneliness…
Yes, I am sahar…
The one lying in the cold graveyard..
in the chilling weather…
all alone…
seen her Eid Photo in the newspaper…
It was a good photo…
I am asking the question" What was my crime?"
I am finding myself ignorant of my sins…
I am Sahar..
Get me Justice…
Answer my question…
I am sahar…
Believing that I am dead now…
Sahar and her favourite Rose plant.








































No comments:

Post a Comment